Re: (TV) Re: TV Digest V1 #1359

I always thought he was somewhat underrated as a singer however.
lh

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Young" <raggedglory57@yahoo.com>
To: <tv@obbard.com>
Sent: Friday, June 24, 2005 8:28 AM
Subject: Re: (TV) Re: TV Digest V1 #1359

> I had always resisted SRV because it was easy to spot the
influences/outright cops. Look! There's an Albert King lick! There's an
Albert Collins! A Freddie King! But hearing the older blues guitarists
express their appreciation for his helping to turn the attention to their
idiom and to reinvigorate the blues (thus increasing their earning
potential) helped me to lighten up my opinion of him. And he's not bad, of
course. He played with a lot of heart and soul and his loss was tragic on a
number of levels. But was he an inventive guitarist? Not overly, in my
estimation. Is Richard? As much as Tom? I don't know. Richard is way more
inventive than SRV, but that's just my opinion.