Re: (TV) Dim Stars

--- Rex Broome <rexbroome@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wonder what gives with the King Of Comedy reference, then?

Interesting. You could post a message on richardhell.com's forum... I
wonder if that was intended to mislead?

> So is there actually a version of the Dim Stars record without that
> song, or did they just delete the whole thing?  ISTR it was on
> Caroline... aren't they way-beyond-out-of-business anyhow?

I wondered that too. Hell said years ago that the CD with "Memo to
Marty" was "withdrawn", but for all I know it just ran out of print
and was never supplanted.

> DESTINY STREET is really good.  Used to be underrated but I feel
> like its stature has risen in recent years.

Agreed. When I first heard it, coming from BLANK GENERATION, I was
unimpressed. Hearing it later, with new ears, it's actually quite
good - lots of strong songwriting and Quine sounds terrific.

--Phil