Re: (TV) Television Split

--- Brian Young <raggedglory57@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Speaking of W&C, how many of you who bought the original W&C will
> buy the new version just to get the bonus tracks?

I'll probably buy it - not so much for the enticement of bonus
material, but because I want to support labels who want to issue new
or archival Verlaine or "Verlaine-related" material.

I like W&C, but I definitely don't consider anywhere near, say, TOM
VERLAINE or DREAMTIME in terms of enjoyment. On the other hand, I
bought the DREAMTIME reissue twice, and the Collector's Choice TOM
VERLAINE reissue twice (once with the wrong mix, once with the right
mix) - why shouldn't I buy the WARM & COOL reissue (at least) once?

I still hope, someday, we get nice remasters of WFTF and COVER, still
easily the worst-sounding CDs in the Verlaine/Television catalog.

--Phil