Re: (TV) More on CBGBs, and Television at #2

It's Friday so I can weigh in on any topic and also I have a license to make sweeping generalizations legally 8-)....

Moby Grapes' first album is one of those record s you can put on and listen to it from beginning to end. The guitars on that record, while not exactly balls-out rawkin' is super tasteful and sweet and energetic. Jerry Miller is awesome and lives in Tacoma WA. His band actually played the Proctor (a street in Tacoma) Street Fair about three years ago that I got to witness. There are three guitarists that I fantasize about getting lessons from they are (in no particular order):
Richard Lloyd, Bill Frissell, and Jerry Miller. As for "Oar" - a work of genius to be sure. I love "Lawrence of Euphoria" !

Russ
(  Sometimes feeling just about as stable as Mr. Spense these days :-p )