RE: (TV) Moby Grape's Underage Girls

Maybe the girls sapped the band's drive. ;-)

I've been reading Barry Miles biography of Frank Zappa. He writes about Laurel
Canyon in mid-1966, particularly the famous Canyon County Store: "There were
lots of runaways, underage girls with long Cher-like hair wandering barefoot
along the dirt road in hippie dresses...." San Francisco was the same only
worse. Bands were constantly besieged by underage groupies and wannabe
groupies who swore they were older than they really were. It's amazing more
bands didn't get busted, but very often the cops were getting serviced by the
same kids, who begged the cops not to call their parents.

Jim K.