Re: (TV) great l.a. times article on live show filesharing

Good article. Thanks for posting, Robin. A few comments...

--- robin dunn <rdunnrn@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Brian Wilson is among the several dozen performers
> whose name appears on a "banned" list used by many
> sites' administrators....
> " 'Smile' was one of the most-bootlegged albums for
> many years," says Jean Sievers, Wilson's co-manager.
> "It wasn't a finished work and it wasn't what he
> wanted, and he was upset that people were taking those
> tapes and spreading his unfinished work over the
> globe."

Right. But we'll gladly take your $100+ to hear us "rehearse" this
unfinished work.

> ICE magazine, a monthly that targets collectors, has
> long chronicled the "gray area" of bootlegging and
> says that the boom time for Internet sharing has
> brought sad times for that black market's
> profit-minded members -and a much harder hit than
> that anything the "real" music business is suffering
> because of bootlegging.

It's true - Greenwich Village isn't nearly the fountain of bootlegs
it was even 4 years ago.

--Phil