song most listened to (was (TV) Semi-OT: You might find this amusing)

For me it's a close one between Marquee Moon and Heroin. That's been on many Velvet Underground and Lou Reed albums (old guy here), compilations, and what not too. I loved how Robert Quine put a version of Sister Ray on each of the three disks of his VU bootleg series (only one heroin).

Michael

Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 08:45:44 -0700
From: Rex Broome <rexbroome@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: (TV) Semi-OT: You might find this amusing

Thesis: I think I personally have spent more time listening to "Marquee
Moon" than any other single song. Because it's on the album I've listened to
more than any other, and I have so many live versions of it, and have heard
it live often, and each one of those listens constitutes at least ten
minutes and often far more, as opposed to, say, the under-three that I've
spent on each spin of "She Said She Said" or "Pretty Persuasion" or
whatever. Anyone else feel like they might be in the same boat?
-Rex