(TV) (Re) but he seems like such a nice guy...

I don't think TV hates being onstage, he's just a hardcore eccentric contrarian. More power to him. I'd be much more shocked and disturbed if he had shouted out to the audience, "Hey Brighton! How ya doin'? Are you ready to rock'n'roll?!""
haha
<< not saying this is
mr. v's case particularly, but certainly some artists
are so focused when they are performing, or maybe even
really hate being onstage, and it shows.  and of
course patti is really the opposite of that (my
husband always complains about how she spits!  vic
williams does the same thing, oddly).  and of course
tom is a back up member of this band, which certainly
isn't his usual position; maybe it's a less
comfortable role.  or maybe he's just freaked by the
whacked-out patti smith fans...there are a hoarde of
them...>>