Re: (TV) tom in ghent

Hey, Leif, that's a fabulous-looking Turning Torso tower!

Keith

It really is, but the townspeople have mixed feelings about it. I'm home for coupla weeks (soon going back to Stockholm) and since I have other people living in my own apartment, I'm staying with friends. One of them, Malin, is an anti-Torso activist, which you can see on her home page (www.glassa.se) where she's got "Fucking Torso" T-shirts for sale. I'm wearing one this very moment! Through an agreement with local representatives for the Swedish church - who, apparently, doesn't mind the profane language - they direct the money from the sale to the homeless in Malmo. Thus she can relieve some weight from her guilty conscience - she's actually a high-salary art director on an advertisment agency, residing in a top class condo in the centre of Malmo with no homeless people in sight. Left-winged, although. As is her 15 year old daughter, who have changed her image completely during the summer. From being a cute little girl she's now raven-black hair and mascara, red Converse shoes and Palestine shawl. Looks like she's ready to go out and burn down some fur coat store or something like that.

No further work at the evening paper in Stockholm, by the way. Might be as good. When I had to edit in an article about David Beckham's possible toe-flirting (with an enlarged detail from the photo agency delivered, paparazzi-photographed pic), I suddenly asked myself some serious quetsions about existentialism....

All the best!

/Leif