(TV) OT: Nick Cave, movie star

Just got back from the Toronto Film Fest, where Mr. Cave was there fronting for not one but two films he's involved in. In "Leonard Cohen: I'm Your Man," a pretty good tribute concert/documentary, he sings two Cohen songs ("I'm Your Man," "Sisters of Mercy", the first done a la finger-poppin' Bobby Darin). He doesn't appear in the Guy Pearce Australian outback western "The Proposition," but he wrote the music (good) and the script (amazingly good). He was there at the screening, too, along with the director and Pearce, answering silly audience Q's in fine mordant fashion. A pleasure to see him, and the movie's great -- vintage Peckinpah and Leone through an Australian meat-grinder. Keep an eye out for it.

Astonishingly, there were no revisionist punk documentaries at the festival (unless you count the fake docu about the Siamese-twin rock stars in the 1970s.)

Ty