Re: (TV) New Thrill Jockey Site

On 10/4/05, eracerx <eracerx@adelphia.net> wrote:

> I think it's a little odd that TJ listed (The Church) behind Jay Dee
> Daugherty's name.
> You would think they would name check Patti.
> Did Jay Dee play on more than one Church record?

 I had exactly the same thought! Jay Dee only played on one Church album, I
think, but he was listed as a full member in the credits and all the
accompanying photos. But as a fan of the Church and Jay Dee I totally forget
about this all the time. Right after Jay Dee's brief tenure, the Church
dwindled down to a two piece, and then kind of maybe broke up sort of for a
while. By the time Peter Koppes returned, Tim Powles was long since
installed as the drummer for anything Kilbey worked on and I think by now
he's been the drummer on at least as many records as Richard Ploog... not
that anyone has paid much attention, but some of those records have been
quite good.
 -Rex