Re: (TV) Cale Tour?

yeah, buy a ticket.

i saw him two nights ago at stubb's in austin.  very
much a rock show.  and opening with "venus," playing
viola, you can't beat that.

was booked for the 1000-seat or so amphitheater.  but
when i got to the venue it was locked up.  show had
been moved to the small stage inside (this is a bbq
joint which books lots of bands).  when i mentioned at
the door something about ticket sales, the girl said
"about 17" had been sold (!) (granted, cale played
twice here last spring for sxsw, big crowds).

the space was not that much bigger than my living
room.  by the end of the show it filled to capacity, i
guess, about 200 people.  it was so incredible and
intimate.  i was standing up front, might as well have
been sitting across a table from him.  well, okay.  he
wasn't talking *just* to me...

four piece band, very good, rock and roll.  definitely
worth seeing.