(TV) (OT) Those were the days...

"Punk record is a load of legal trouble

Thursday November 10, 1977
The Guardian

The manager of a record shop in Nottingham who displayed in his window the new bestselling LP record by the Sex Pistols, which displays on its sleeve the title Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols has been charged with offences under the 1889 Indecent Advertisement Act."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/fromthearchive/story/0,12269,1639072,00.html

Ah, I remember it well. Bought mine straight away and carried it ostentatiously down the High Street on the way home. When we booked the Pistols to play at college about 150 police turned up and were chasing punks over the rooftops. The decline of Western Civilisation, indeed.