Re: (TV) tom at msg

On 11/22/05, Russ Van Rooy <russvr@pop.nwnexus.com> wrote:

> Jeez, you can only hang your head and go  'oh me, oh my...these youngsters
> are gonna be in control someday. God help us all...' How can you not feel a
> little cynical?

U2's crowd really isn't that much younger in the grand scheme of things than
PS's... there are, what, 12 years between HORSES and THE JOSHUA TREE (as
opposed to like 18 years since then), it's just that U2 is more popular
among "the masses" than PS ever was.  And so, sadly, is Natalie Merchant, I
guess.

I hate to think of how awful it would've been to be at one of those shows
where the VELVET FREAKING UNDERGROUND opened for U2.  That's a big yuck.

-Rex