Re: (TV) Jesse / Batman Authorship / Dr. No / Back On Topic: Lloyd or Verl aine Playing Infamous Riff?!?:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Casey, Leo J" <Leo.J.Casey@Volpe.dot.gov>
To: <tv@obbard.com>
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2005 9:19 PM
Subject: (TV) Jesse / Batman Authorship / Dr. No / Back On Topic: Lloyd or Verl aine Playing Infamous Riff?!?:

MM Lister BlackMonk wrote:
The riff on the bass strings from the Dr. No
theme? Vic Flick.

I wasn't actually asking about the 'Dr. No Theme',
which is a different track from the Bond's Theme
on the record--- but---it was the guitarist,
Vic Flickin The John Barry's Orchestra, who played
both guitar on both of those tracks (but definitely
lead guitar on the Bond Theme--not bass).

Sorry I was unclear. He definitely played lead guitar, but the Dr. No theme is played on the low E and A string. What's the Bond Theme from? The Dr. No theme is the bit that appears in most of the movies, that bass riff and the chromatic lick. (see also Secret Agent Man) I guess it could have been renamed Bond's theme or, as happens from time to time, I'm wrong and I'm confusing some incidental music from Dr. No with the theme.

Monty Norman did *not* write, compose, or orchestrate,
or play on (Barry's) "The James Bond Theme" that
appeared in "Dr. No" (and in most of the subsequent
Bond movies).

Yep, sounds like I was wrong.