(TV) Don't Want This To Get Personal / This Case Is Not Closed

Per,

I'm puzzled why you wrote this:
>as a guitar player I don't think it's more difficult
>for me to hear the difference between RL and TV, than it ....

I never said or meant to imply that it's more difficult
for you ---or anyone else on List----to hear
detect/differences. Not sure why you interpreted it that
way.  I'm not saying my ears are golden.

>for a MM-list member to directly understand who has
>written >the mail I'm replying to and my own one
>in lousy English.

That's too convoluted for me to get, but if you're
saying I write lousy English--I'll agree.

> ...,but **everything** you're

Everything? That's a little harsh don't you think?

> ...just speculations ...despite I'm sure you're
>wrong in most of the cases.

I'm curious--what cases (if any) do we agree on?

I don't want this to become a personal thing
between you and me (or for there to be any hard
feelings). So there's a large part of me that
wants to just drop this whole 'debate'.

But when you write something as strong as
>but everything you're writing is just speculations...
it's more than a little insulting. (Could it be
that you feel that since you are the one who is
the musician, your opinions/generalizations on
who does which parts or particular solos must
be right? (Probably you don't.)

Also--grant me a little a bit of credibility:
I have attended some live shows:  about 15 Verlaine shows
in the 1980s (and one in 2001), and about 10 Television
shows since 2001.

But---I would say the primary/strongest source for my
belief on the parts/solos topic---and not sure I should
say this here (but can't remember if you're on the
'other' List) is that I have (carefully) listened to
(more than once) way, way too many live shows (it's
larger than 130).  [**I'm not trying to boast
here---it's more a little crazy and embarassing than
anything].  So, I don't think it's ignorance or bad
memory or sheer speculation that's deluding me into
claiming that there have been occasions (granted not very many)
where Tom has played some of Richard's parts or vice-versa.

But you say, that doesn't't prove anything, all it shows is
that you've been mistaken about this often, and your
ears (and eyes), memory are consistently confusing
what really was played.

I've been wrong many times before just a few
examples of many: I was the guyn who I once claimed
T.V was under 6' tall!;   I completely fell for Tom's
fake story in 1992 interview regarding "1880 Or So"
being chosen in 1992 as the album's the
best song by a 'focus group' consisting of all his
friends' children; I even fell for his fictional
Professor Turtle[?] from Louisiana in an interview;
and that T.V. he was born in the Town of 'M';.

>Give us some PROOF!!!

As I might have mentioned it's ironic that just when
there's a question (specifically your challenge) that
I'd like to seek my teeth into (and waste my time on
:>) ) I am drowning in work at my job.

But I like investigating Television minutiae, or job-wise
stuff, or who really wrote that screenplay, etc.  It's
often fun like being a detective on the trail of trying
to solve a crime (It also helps keep my reading about my
President down to a minimum ). And as far as proving
things that's kinda what they pay me to do.

But besides being extremely busy right now (and in near
future), there's the *practicality* of the whole thing.
A fair amount of time has passed since I first heard
specific instances of the switching of solos/parts.
I'd have to try to find them as definitive proof all
over again.  Am I actually willing to listen to every
live recording that I know of "Call Mr. Lee","Rhyme",
"1880 Or So" (and maybe even others)?  (Of course, I
could always do this Herculean task of comparing licks
as an excuse for procrastinating at work.)

So, let's say that there is an 80% chance that you are
correct and a 20% chance I'm all wet on this.
[But to be clear, I was/am never claiming the place/slot
where Richard's *song-ending solo* on "Call Mr. Lee"
occurs is where T.V. more than once played a solo that
sounded like
Richard's.)

It wouldn't't surprise if someone contacted Richard
and he said you were totally right (or Dennis were to
weigh-in and say he's certain I'm mistaken).  I almost
hope they do so I won't be tempted to prove
otherwise.  :>)

	Leo