Re: (TV) Rex I Salute You / TV book

On 12/6/05, Casey, Leo J <Leo.J.Casey@volpe.dot.gov> wrote:

> I think a large part of the recent discussion (debate?)
> derives from a misunderstanding of terms which Rex has
> beautifully described.

Thank you!  I think that "as a guitarist" (heh heh heh) I particularly make
this distinction because (A) I actually *am* too lazy to learn someone
else's "written" part, and (B) when someone else is going to play a lead
"part" on one of my songs I always advise them to, for God's sake, not play
the lead "part" I played on the demo, but to instead play "a" lead "part" of
their own devising which will inevitably be better (and more rewarding for
them as a musician).

Is the forthcoming TV book by Bockris (who co-wrote the Cale
autobiography)?  Nope, it won't contain anything that isn't well covered on
Keith's site or unknown to most of us, but it might be a cool thing to see
it all done chronologically, and I'd like to see such a thing on my
bookshelf in any event.  (On the other hand, if someone's been researching
Television arcana, they'll either owe an enormous debt to The Wonder or, if
for some reason they didn't use it as a source, miss out on a lot of key
details.)

-Rex