Re: (TV) Small Complaint To Listers: You're Falling Down On The Job! / RE : (TV) tom on, uh, television

--- Maurice Rickard <maurice@mac.com> wrote:
> If this was a Chris Burden reference, it'd actually
> be kind of cool.
> ("Through the Night Softly," brief synopsis here:
> http://www.free103point9.org/studycenter.php)
> Sadly, it probably
> isn't, which makes me think about about how we
> perceive
> intentionality (how we're often wrong, how it
> affects our reading)
> when listening to and interpreting lyrics and other
> texts.

actually, it was just me exaggerating (slightly).  but
yes, practically anything we hear or see becomes
affected by our perspective and prejudices.  just
think of how differently members of this list
interpret the work of u2 or patti smith.  opinions
about as varied as you can find, from folks who
actually have interests in common.

i have a bizarre reaction to / prejudice against lyle
lovett for some reason.  i get upset just to type his
name!  his music on the radio practically drives me
off the road.  once i was in the same room as my
mother, lyle lovett and quentin tarantino!  don't ask!
 granted, it was a very large room...