From: tv-owner@obbard.com [mailto:tv-owner@obbard.com] On Behalf Of Rex
Broome
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 5:06 PM
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: Re: (TV) Small Complaint To Listers: You're Falling Down On The
Job! / RE : (TV) tom on, uh, television

On 12/7/05, robin dunn <rdunnrn@yahoo.com> wrote:

> i have a bizarre reaction to / prejudice against lyle lovett for some
> reason.  i get upset just to type his name!  his music on the radio
> practically drives me off the road.

Garsh, I really like Lyle Lovett.  Now, I'm in the minority in thinking that
he totally peaked with his second record (PONTIAC) and never came close to
those heights again.  I've skipped his last three or four records, but I
still spin the old ones.

I have also for some reason spent a lot of time with a lot of lesbians and
have learned that if I have a guitar in my hands in such company I'm gonna
have to play "Closer To Fine" by the Indigo Girls.  I generally oblige
because I can and it makes my friends happy, but as a result, throughout my
life I've probably played that song more than almost any other cover song,
and I don't even like it.  (Ironically the runner-up is a Lyle Lovett song
that my daughters like.) Nobody of any age or sexual orientation ever
requests "Torn Curtain", for some reason.

-Rex