From: tv-owner@obbard.com [mailto:tv-owner@obbard.com] On Behalf Of Maurice
Rickard
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2005 2:28 PM
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: Re: (TV) bummer

At 7:17 PM +0000 12/9/05, Keith Allison wrote:
>In message <20051209135514.4941eaeb.jh@brainiac.com>, Joe Hartley
><jh@brainiac.com> writes
>>Not so - those of us not under the thrall of MickeySoft haven't had
>>our machines compromised at all.
>
>Funny you should say that Joe, I just read this:
>"Sony Music CDs infect Macs, too

True enough, although I think Sony's not targeted Linux yet, so I'd think
Joe's safe for a while.  Anyone see the series of posts from a few years
back in which the subcontractors who developed the rootkit went asking in
various news groups and mailing lists for people to help them write these
rootkits?  Not recruiting people for pay, but asking people to just flat out
give them code blocks that would work, because they themselves didn't know
how to do it.
--

Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/   |   http://onezeromusic.com/