(TV) How did they get their names? (OT)

Hi folks,

  How did Johnny Thunders and Ween arrive at their names? I figured that someone on this list would know off the cuff and I wouldn't have to Google it (I know, lazy F am I).

  I ask about Thunders because I just finished the excellent biography on Sam Cooke entitled "Dream Boogie", written by Peter Guralnick (much easier read than Chronicles for me, since fiction didn't enter into the narrative). In there, they mention a singer from Florida (I think) who went by the name Johnny Thunder.

  The question about Ween popped up when I saw the song titles to an unreleased Residents album and one was entitled "Hallowed Be Thy Ween".

  Thanks in advance,

  Brian