Re: (TV) Chocolate Watchband / Why Tom Signed With Warner Brothers

On 12/17/05 8:59 AM, "Keith Allison" <keith@marquee.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> In message <BFC97707.65FF%mikeez@earthlink.net>, Mike Ehritz
> <mikeez@earthlink.net> writes
>> Gallipoli - This case is closed. (unless someone chimes in with PAHR)
>
> Witness (I can hardly type for laughing - those cute Amish, the
> barn-building scene...)
>
> However, I'll grant you Fearless and The Year of Living Dangerously

I suppose Weir did go Hollywood but Picnic at hanging Rock, Last Wave and
Gallipoli make for an impressive resume.

Sure, Witness and Dead Poet's were formulaic and pan to popular culture but
they were fun and well done. Some of my favorite Verlaine songs are simple
and well crafted pop songs such as Leningrad, The Funniest Thing and Sixteen
Tulips. That being said, Weir probably wouldn't be my first choice to
compare to Verlaine. Cronenberg, maybe.

mike