Re: (TV) #4, Bobby Orr, Is a TV Fan / Lowdown on x-Boston Bruin, Joe Thor nton / Maurice 'The Rocket' Rickard / RE: O' Canada

Leo wrote:

OK--So, do you want to know the lowdown---the
real Scoop on why the Boston Bruins traded young
Joe Thornton?!? ...

Gee, thanks, Leo. That prompts me (along with the prompting of what I'm
drinking) to sing "That's Not Me" (Pet Sounds). Always liked that song, not
to mention everything else on the album.

I used to play hockey once upon a time -- real hockey, outdoors, with no
fighting, what you'd call field hockey. Of course I was aware of the famous
Joe T; in fact it's so long since I heard about him that I can't believe
he's only 26 now, if what I read is correct. The only time I was in an ice
hockey stadium was to hear Neil Young.

Nor am I the Greenpeace scientist Joe Thornton who wrote an admirable book about chlorine called "Pandora's Poison".

Whether Leo is certifiable or not we'll defer to the new year.

Anyway, Happy New Year to everyone!

All the best, Julia (whoever she is)

--JoeT