(TV) Some Context: RE: Joe Thornton / Julia

>Gee, thanks, Leo. That prompts me (along with the
>prompting of what I'm drinking) to sing "That's
>Not Me" (Pet Sounds). Always liked that song, not
>to mention everything else on the album.

This explanation probably isn't necessary, but
I figured--- better to be safe than sorry; so
some important context.

It occurred to me today that some people could
have interpreted my Boston Bruin-Joe Thornton post
as an attempt to make fun of Marquee Moon Lister, Joe
Thornton, (or some of his posts to the List).

There *really* is an ex-Bruin named Joe Thornton--some
might describe him as a young super-star.  Given Greg
Grant's hockey questions, I just couldn't resist making
use of the fact that one MM Lister had the exact same
name a a hockey legend.

But I never intended my e-mail/locker room tale to be
some kind of mockery of Joe's past
comments/theories/interpretations to the List.

Nothing could be farther from the truth---I've always
looked forward to Joe's e-mails---their insights and
their passion (to say nothing of their attached T.V.
interviews).  We've even corresponded off-List a
bunch of times.

Mixing in a few real details to a large amount of made-up
stuff, increases the likelihood that a reader will think
a far-fetched story is true. This has often been  my
modus operandi in posts--but sometimes it can get me into
a little trouble.

So, my intension was never to mock Joe.

	Leo

PS: However-----that the Beach Boy crap you listen to
is beyond the Pale!

(Just kidding. The first 'rock' concert I ever went to
was a Beach Boys concert at Boston's old Music Hall---I
even had the Pet Sounds album on my lap during the show.)

PPS:  I too find the lyrics to "Cry Mercy, Judge" pretty
weak.
>All the best, Julia (whoever she is)

There's a T.V. interview that I just searched for but
can't find, in which the interviewer asks him if the women
in his lyrics are real people.  He answered that sometimes
they are,  but more often they are a composite of different
people---with the exception of the album, Dreamtime, in which
they all are real and individual people.