Re: (TV) Verlaine on WFMU archive

What odd listening habits he has, too! I heard him say twice "Well, they put out 50 albums of crap, but here's the one or two good bits.." (I'm paraphasing, of course)....who explores 50 albums of what they know or expect is going to be crap to find the one or two good bits???

  Is it the fact that he's scouring Used Bins for albums that cost a buck? Seems odd to me, anyway...

  Regards,

  Brian

Rex Broome <rexbroome@gmail.com> wrote:
  On 1/10/06, Keith Allison wrote:

> Oddly enough, all the stuff he played sounded *exactly* what I thought
> it would sound like and I'd be happy if I never heard any of it ever
> again.
> What a wag he is, eh?
> --

Yeah, it is what he always says he listens to, spot on. I actually like
hearing this stuff in small doses... it really is otherworldly and has a
lost-to-the-mists-of -time quality... but it would never become the
cornerstone of my listening habits, that's for sure!

-