(TV) Holding Back / Sold 'em? / Verlaine on WFMU archive

By 'holding back' I didn't mean he wasn't sincere
or that he was secretive--rather that I'd think he
probably (might?) listens to and owns records
that quite different from the 'Thrift-shop' stuff.

E.g., Duane Eddy, or Scotty Moore, or The Chilites,
or The Meters, or The Yardbirds, or Petulia Clark,
or 'Goat Head Soup', or Hovaness records.  Not
claiming he (still) owns any of these---he probably
sold them all to buy cigs and lattis---just that
I'd be suprised if his entire collection (albeit
" ... one-tenth of what my friends own" was
limited to just the Thrift-Shop purchases.

If it is, God bless him.

(In an early 1980s' print interview he said
he didn't even own a record player!)