(TV) Re: 'Messianic /Women on List, Please Weigh-in

Robin wrote
>i would not go so far as to say messianic!

I stole/paraphrased "..with almost Messianic good looks.."
from a big hardcover book on the history of rock that
I once flipped through in a Cambridge bookstore eons ago.
(Whenever I see a book on music in a library or store I
Out of sheer curiousity, I often go right to its index
to if it contains any mention of Television or Verlaine.)

But you're right, 'Messianic' is probably a misnomer.
Unless the writer was using the adjective in the sense
of Verlaine and Television leading us out of the desert.
----the wasteland of early-mid-1970's domination of
corporate rock. Music that had lost touch with its
rock roots and heart, and had become slick, bloated,
and pompous ---e.g., bands like Emerson Lake and Palmer,
Journey[1970s?], D. Crosby (or fill in your own favorite
examples).

Oops!  I'm wrong again, that was Moses who did that.