Re: (TV) David / Byrds

For the tune "Lady Friend" alone, I will let Mr. Crosby pass without too much notice. That song is almost perfect. The downside being that it ends.
"Casey, Leo J" <Leo.J.Casey@Volpe.dot.gov> wrote:  I actually liked Crosby's songwriting and guiar playing
on the 2nd thru 5th Byrds records a lot (none of the
band except McGuinn played on the 1st Byrds record
---Michael Olcsvary, our resident Ornithologist,
might know all the details of 1st album).

But I thought his solo albums were abysmal.
Here's someone who agrees with me (but maybe he and I
are wrong):
http://www.robertchristgau.com/get_artist.php?id=2722&name=David+Crosby

If I Could Only Remember My Name [Atlantic, 1971]

This disgraceful performance inspires the first Consumer
Guide Competition. The test: Rename David Crosby (he won't
know the difference). The prize: One Byrds LP of your choice
(he ought to know the difference). The catch: You have
to beat my entries. Which are: Rocky Muzak, Roger Crosby,
Vaughan Monroe. D-

Thousand Roads [Atlantic, 1993]

Crosby adds new meaning to the word "survivor"--something
on the order of "If you can't kill the motherfucker, at
least make sure he doesn't breed"--and until VH-1 got on
the revolting "Heroes" video, I'd hoped never to sample
this make-work project for his rich, underemployed friends.
Oh well. The only thing that could render it more
self-congratulatory would be a CD bonus cover of
Jefferson Black Hole's "We Built This City." C-