Re: (TV) the Arcade Fire

Last year was a fantastic year for Canadian music. The Arcade Fire, Stars, and the Broken Social Scene (w/Apostle of Hustle thrown in  there) all getting major time on the CD player.

That's enough right there.

M.

Rex Broome <rexbroome@gmail.com> wrote: > For the last two weeks I have been listening to the

On 2/9/06, Lori Inman  wrote:

> Actually, when it comes to hyped bands, I prefer Clap
> Your Hands Say Yeah. But I've seen the Arcade Fire
> live & they were awesome. I see CYHSY on April 3.
> Can't wait.

I like CYHSY but I don't think their record is the stone-cold "where did
that come from?" classic that FUNERAL is.  I was kind of lukewarm on Arcade
Fire at first and though I might end up really not liking them, and then a
frieng gave me a copy and I really warmed to it.  Then I went to see them
opening for David Byrne at the Hollywood Bowl, and two things happened:

-I kept thinking they'd played all the great songs from the album, and then
they'd go into yet another exciting performance, and I'd think, oh wait,
*this* is the best song from the album,  and then it would happen again.

-After a thaw in a long and bitter custody battle, going to that show was
one of the first things I got to take my 4-year-old daugher to, and she
loved the band, dancing her ass off to the whole thing, and ever since then
she always wants to hear that album.  Now kids can make you listen to some
annoying music, or even good music so often that you get sick of it, but I
never tire of that album and the good vibes it now carries when she asks for
it.

-Rex