(TV) Happy Valentine's Day Everyone......

Valentine's Day Is Over

Some day boy you'll reap what you've sown
You'll catch a cold and you'll be on your own
And you will see that what's wrong with me
Is wrong with everyone that
You want to play your little games on

Poetry and flowers pretty words and threats
You've gone to the dogs again and I'm not placing bets

On you coming home tonight anything but blind
If you take me for granted then you must expect to
find
Surprise, surprise

Valentine's Day is over, it's over
Valentine's Day is over

If you want to talk about it well you know where the
phone is
Don't come round reminding me again how brittle bone
is
God didn't make you an angel the Devil made you a man
That brutality and economy are related now I
understand
When will you realise that as above so below there is
no love

For the girl with the hour glass figure
Time runs out very fast
We used to want the same things but that's all in the
past
And lately it seems that as it all gets tougher
Your ideal of justice just becomes rougher and rougher

Thank you for the things you bought me thank you for
the card
Thank you for the things you taught me when you hit me
hard
That love between two people must be based on
understanding
Until that's true you'll find your things
All stacked out on the landing, surprise, surprise

--Billy Bragg