Re: (TV) ** more gossip

Delusion:

false belief based upon a misinterpretation of
reality. It is not, like a hallucination, a false
sensory perception, or like an illusion, a distorted
perception. Delusions vary in intensity, and are not
uncommon among substance abusers, particularly those
who use amphetamines, cocaine, and hallucinogens. They
also occur frequently among individuals who have been
diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease, Huntington's
disease, or schizophrenia, and during the manic stage
of bipolar disorder (see depression). Some common
delusions include persecutory delusions, in which the
individual falsely believes that others are plotting
against him; delusions of thought broadcasting, where
the individual believes his thoughts can be
transmitted to others; delusions of thought insertion,
in which the individual believes that thoughts are
being implanted in his mind; and delusions of
grandeur, in which the individual imagines himself an
unappreciated person of great importance.