Re: (TV) A website for my band

The last thing I want to hear at a show is the band yelling 'Who's on MySpace??!!!"

  Bleah.

  M.

  -Flames please use side door.

Martin McClellan <martin@rosacordis.com> wrote:
  Hey Billy,

Why not a myspace.com account? They're free, easy to set up, and
that's where all the kids hang out, so I hear.

Other options might be http://www.nvu.com/, a free WYSIWYG editor for
most platforms (I've not tried it). Also, Macromedia Dreamweaver, the
"professional" (no pros use WYSIWYG editors--they're slower than hand
coding, thus the qualifying quotes) package has a 30 day trial, so
you could build your site using it, and if you think it's worth it
pick it up.

However, I would personally encourage you to learn HTML. It it a time
commitment, but not unduly hard and will give you lots of control in
the future. There are extremely good overviews available here: http://
www.w3schools.com/. Editors like Front Page make it seem a hell of a
lot harder than it is.

Feel free to email me offlist if you have any specific questions--
I'll do what I can to direct you in the right place.

Cheers,

Martin