Re: (TV) 2 songs on NPR

Wow. Just one listen to each song, and, well , it's so Tom Verlaine. The instrumental is reverential, like being the only one up early enough to see the first rays of dawn, or like being alone in a dimly lit cathedral with shafts of thin light slightly streaming in. Light. The second song is very different from the first and yet still the recognizable TV we all know. Bouncy but intricate guitar lines - Richard Thompsonesque. All my blather aside, it's so great to hear ! One other highly elliptical thing I can say, I've been listening to the White album alot theses days, and the guitar on the second song somehow reminds me of stuff on the White album like "Dear Prudence", "Cry baby Cry", "Everybody's got something to hide..." - it's the tonality of the guitar I guess. Yeah, I'm listening through a weird filter these days.
-Russ

stephen wilson wrote:
http://www.npr.org/programs/asc/archives/springlookahead06/
(Pardons if someone has already posted this link) NPR's All Songs Considered has one song each from the 2 Verlaine albums ('Mountain', 'The Earth Is In the Sky').
  'The Earth...' sounds similar to 'At 4 a.m.', at first listen. Great to hear him focus on his singing again, in the studio.
  There's also a preview from the new Jolie Holland album.