Re: (TV) New Verlaine CDs competition!

I think you hit the nail on the head. It's Hipster-Dofus behaviour. Akin to imagining one as the proletariat; a hedge against pretention.

  Hence:Pretention.

  But, hey...I am a big fan of a good brandy.

  M.

Russ Van Rooy <russvr@pop.nwnexus.com> wrote:
  I'm no beer expert , I just know that I like a good dark beer, a nice
stout or dark ale. Portland supposedly is one of the capitals of
micro-brewdom, but I think 'dumb' might be the key phoneme here as there
is an inexplicable, overwhelming love for Pabst Blue Ribbon around these
parts. It's embarrassing. Can anyone please explain this weird
hipster-doofus obsession with PBR ? That stuff is pure piss-water in my
humble opinion. Gimmee Fat Tire, Mack and Jacks, or even Tooth-Sheaf
anyday.