RE: (TV) On topic content > mags, guitar, hum

michael, thanks for the heads up on this.  couldn't
find it at b&n but did at borders.  plan to track out
the song to match their transcription and practice in
bits (i can do the first bit!).  still haven't seen
the april wire on stands.

speaking of guitars, i did receive my kalamazoo and am
happy w/ it overall.  replaced crap tuners and will
need to replace the nut, otherwise frets, bridge and
electronics seem decent (neck feels great).

there is a bit of hum.  has anyone here foiled their
pickguard?  is it as simple as applying heavy duty
foil to the back of the pickguard?  is there anything
special to be done with the ground wire (i.e. does it
need to touch, or not touch, the foil)?  and for the
most scientific amongst us, what causes hum, and why
does foiling reduce it?