(TV) The Embarrassment

   I just got back from Cleveland. One of the prizes I was able to walk away with was my copy of the Embarrassment's "Heyday 1979-1983". If you have not had the pleasure of hearing this music do your best to find something! Bill Goffrier, the guitarist, was quite simply one of the most creative and inventive guitar players in America at that time. He had a set of big ears and the parts he came up with always seem to come in at the oddest angles into the smallest spaces. Hyperbole? You bet your ass. It grooves, too.

     M.