Re: (TV) (re)wire yourself

On 4/12/06, stephen wilson <schlepworld@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hey Roadrunner,
>
> as I mentioned earlier, www.squidco.com has the Wire by mail order for
> cheaper than two gallons of gas.

Every time I see this Wire-related subject lines, I have a flash of thinking
that they relate to Wire the band, as by an odd coincidence I've just found
out today about the reissues of their first three records, individually, and
boxed together with a pair of vintage concert discs (from '77 in London and
'79 at CB's, I think)... I can't afford this kind of thing right now, but
I'd love to hear how those concert discs are (when they come out... a few
weeks from now, I think).  All three proper albums are of course brilliant,
and I wonder what the remastering will do for 'em, too (band members were
involved).

Also just discovered that Eno & Byrne's "My Life in the Bush of Ghosts" is
being reissued.  With bonus tracks, but minus one of the original tracks
(that'd naturally be "Qu'ran" which has gone AWOL a time or two over the
years for interestingly depressing/depressingly interesting reasons).

Anyway, good stretch of time for reissues of stuff which will tend to be of
mutual interest to Television fans...

-Rex