Re: (TV) Pitchforkmedia reviews Verlaine (mixed)

Many of you know how I tend to react about reviews done by no-nothing critics... but I'll take the high road and spare the expletives. My real gripe is not so much the review - which is certainly wrong - but the fact that it comes out before the actual release of the record(s). No one on this list is going to give two fu*ks what this guy thinks, we're all going to buys Toms records. But someone with only glancing or informal familiarity with TVs music is going to think twice about purchasing these records if they read the review. I think it's shameful. Not everything Tom plays or sings is gold, but his records and these new ones in particular deserve to be heard by new people as much as by us. Not only because it's been so long since Verlaine has released something ( and this new activity is clear evidence that Tom has a lot to say still ) ,but also, we *know* already it's going to be good.
-Russ

Jay wrote:
http://pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/v/verlaine_tom/songs-and-other-things-around.shtml