Re: Harsh / Not Mixed Loud Enough! / RE: (TV) Pitchforkmedia reviews Verlaine (mixed)

On 4/14/06, Casey, Leo J <Leo.J.Casey@volpe.dot.gov> wrote:

> OTOH, I agree wholeheartedly that since 1979, the majority of critics
> always compare Tom's solo albums to the first two Television records.

Which is a shame, because while "Adventure" is (or at least has often been)
underrated, I definitely believe that "Dreamtime" and "Flash Light" are
better, and "Tom Verlaine" is at least equal to it (and the reunion record
is close).  However, it must be said that...

*grits teeth*

...no matter how great those records are and how much I wish more people had
heard them and agreed with me...

*grits teeth more*

...MARQUEE MOON is still the best record of the batch and always will be.
Sometimes, about some things, conventional wisdom holds.

-Rex