(TV) OT: Kick Out the Jams dvd

I finally got around to checking out this MC5 video - as a rental, glad I didn't buy it!
  I thought this was a documentary. It does sort of capture a bit of the atmosphere of the 60's Michigan freak scene.
  It's about a half hour's worth of video scraps from various shows, badly synched with live soundtrack - might be enjoyable after smoking five or six bombers...it's a shame, because the power and intensity of the visuals and sound make me wish there was a better document out there (any recommendations?).