Re: Verlaine Influence / RE: (TV) Swedish interview digest

--- "Casey, Leo J" <Leo.J.Casey@Volpe.dot.gov> wrote:
> >...  and a fellow in boston was supposed to be
> >close to completing an ayler doc, but i've heard
> >nothing recently.
>
> I know a couple of Boston Doc. Film-makers---can you
> share anymore?

now i can't recall the guy's name, but i'm sure you
could google it.

he actually got in touch w/ me because i had some
unreleased ayler stuff on an online trade list.  he
had a meeting with gary peacock upcoming, and wanted
me to send me him to take along, which i did.

he said at the time that he hoped to have the film
ready for film festivals shortly...but it didn't turn
up at the sxsw film festival either this year or last.
 and of course in the interim this swedish doc was
released.

ayler is such a mysterious character.  i have a great
deal of personal curiosity about what he was really
like, and would be very interested in either project.
i would like to hear more from maria parks, although i
generally find her participation on his recordings
grating (she's the punch line to the joke inside my
head, "who killed albert ayler?").  she was certainly
closest to him at the time of his death.

there has been a biography written, alas in german.