Coconuts / RE: (TV) Amsterdam 20060724

Joe,

Not that it matters, I had the exact same reaction after reading Kiek's
review. Not that it's important but I totally agree with you about:

>And it was in a 1981 or '82 interview that Tom said he was looking for
a second guitarist to work with him. I always presumed that it was
shortly after that that he found Jimmy, and
>Jimmy seemed to be just what Tom was looking for.

However, there are three possibilities:

1) Tom met Rip(p) in 1979 but Tom' didn't hook up with Rip(p) until his
first solo tour in October 1981 (saw Rip twice with Tom in Oct. and Nov.
1981---Christ, how could I not remember hem he looked totally different
back then-----like a sleazy pirate with a full head of jet-black greasy
hair, and a perpetual 5 o'clock shadow.

2) Tom's memory is not the greatest.

3) Tom can't subtract :>) .

I'll go with #2.

	Leo

PS:  If anyone on the List can post a picture of Jimmy Rip circa
1981-1987 (or even earlier) you win a nice musical prize from me [not a
joke].

Here's a possible hint: try and find a color picture of the cover of the
"Kid Creole and The Coconuts" vinyl album --the one with the just dug-up
buried treasure on it.  (Although I'd prefer a larger photo of Jimmy.)