Re: (TV) Photos from Glasgow

Raising a glass to Arthur now....

Ditto..kids are in bed, sitting in my room...just put on Forever Changes...ah that trumpet on alone...etc..

Graham

Jeff Baskin wrote:
Nels is a big LOVE fan too! Forever Changes was played heavily in the Fibbers van back in the day. The man has impeccable taste.

Raising a glass to Arthur now....

Yeah, I saw that, too. The last thing I remember from her was a pretty cool song-by-song cover album of Willie Nelson's RED-HEADED STRANGER... Nels was
on that as well.

-Rex

Yes a great album. Willie loved it apparently. The one genre of music that just doesn't do it for me is C&W and yet this is prob 'classified' as such (not surprising) as is some other other stuff i love such as Lambchop, Sparklehorse and even Nick Cave these days. I noticed that when i downloaded The Hawk from ITunes its also classified as 'country'. I think Nels Cline is an awesome player. As happy spurting over firehose (very briefly) as free jazz freakouts. I recently got a hold of his set with Thurston Moore, Lee Ranaldo and Carlos Giffoni. Also for any Coltrane fans his rendition of Interstellar Space is out there. Then with Carla i would prob chose Scarnella.

All hail to Arthur Lee...

Graham