(TV) OT: Quine & Co. / R. Hitchcock

I've just discovered thie record that may be known to a lot of you, but is
definitely worth a listen if you haven't, especially if you like "Around"
and "Warm & Cool":  "Painted Desert", credited to Ikue Mori.  It's actually
Mori on percussion with Robert Quine and Marc Ribot going nuts on guitars
over top of it.  Pretty riveting stuff!

Also can't recommend the new Robyn Hitchcock, "Ole! Tarantula" highly
enough.  Sounds like his classic stuff and has some damned good songs.
Kimberley Rew from the Soft Boys contributes some guitar and Pete Buck is
the ryhthm guitarist on the whole thing.  Lovely stuff.

Anyone in LA can drop in to the Blue Star downtown and catch my own band,
Skates & Rays, ten-ish tonight.

That's all.

-Rex