Re: (TV) for keith

----- Original Message ----- From: "Keith Allison" <keith@marquee.demon.co.uk>
To: <tv@obbard.com>
Sent: Sunday, September 24, 2006 3:13 PM
Subject: Re: (TV) for keith

In message <000701c6df68$dc35e430$f47c1942@concierge>, bunny pad <campreverb@gmail.com> writes
I hope I got the whitesock hater right:

Actually, the first Jam album is terrific and I saw them around that time. He was even bearable when he became Ray Davies.

Being Ray Davies is usually a good thing. Of course, it helps to actually BE Ray Davies. Still, I'd say the period from All Mod Cons through Sound Affects is his best work. Maybe he went downhill because he stopped using awful puns for album titles.

>Of course, once he
started writing odes to cappuccinos and reinventing wine-bar muzak, it all started to go wrong. Then when he became Steve Winwood and reinvented Traffic, it was too, too late.

And the difference between being Steve Winwood and reinventing wine-bar muzak is?

I mean, I like some Traffic, but once was enough. --------------