Re: (TV) greg reviews Joanna Newsome

How do you get reviewed in Pitchfork, can you submit CDs for review? I've
sold over 200 copies of my CD in about a month but its slowed down and think
some reviews can help. Anyone know where else to send Cds for possible
reviews?

I'm doing an interview on February 18th on an internet radio station from
Detroit. I'll post more details later, just in case anyone is bored enough
to tune in.

> At 5:32 PM +0000 12/3/06, =?UTF-8?B?U3RldmUgUm92bmVy?= wrote:
> >  If Pitchfork gave a glowing review (9.0 or higher) then I made sure
> >to pick up the CD.  And you know what?  I have already sold most of
> >those CD's back to the used CD store.
>
> I recall reading something recently in which someone said he'd
> noticed a similar pattern, and took to picking up the CDs rated 6 or
> so, because he liked those much better.  But yeah, I've been burned
> by positive P'fork reviews in the past.  (I'm looking at *you*,
> Idlewild.)  Their negative review of the NIN _The Fragile_, however,
> is a thing of beauty.  Kind of like a Greg Reviews:

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/record_review/20391/Nine_Inch_Nails_Th
e_Fragile