Re: (TV) (OT) It's not just me ranting this time!

in the article they list RHCP "californication" as badly loud and distorded and it s true ,it sounds like your speakers are about to die ...

Keith Allison <keith@marquee.demon.co.uk> escribis:  "How CDs are remastering the art of noise

Albums are getting louder and the sound quality is suffering.
Audiophiles and engineers despair of the trend, but who is driving it?

"I can't stand the sound of today's CDs," says Roland Stauber, a
39-year-old music lover who works in the automotive industry. "They
sound harsh and loud. I hardly buy new releases any more."

Music nostalgia is nothing new, but this is different. There are solid
technical reasons why CDs mastered today sound inferior to those made 15
years ago. The engineers who make the "master" - the mix from which the
CD is pressed - are under irresistible pressure to compromise sound
quality."

http://technology.guardian.co.uk/weekly/story/0,,1992325,00.html