Re: (TV) (OT) It's not just me ranting this time!

Thanks Keith,

I thought it was just me.  A few cd's I have purchase
lately have had spots with that horrible digital
distortion.  I thought it was supposed to be there
because why would something professionally done have
that?  I was also unable to master a few things at the
levels of today's cd's unless I did the eq and massive
compression.  I felt that the quality was comprimised
so I left the levels down and sulked at my mastering
skills.  I feel much better now!

greg

http://technology.guardian.co.uk/weekly/story/0,,1992325,00.html