Re: (TV) Top CDs of 2006

>1) The Slits
>mostly missed 'em back in the day, but renewed my
>interest when they reunited and toured this year.

I'm amazed they're still around. I saw them open for
The Clash -- don't forget if it was at Bonds or in
Asbury Park the following year.

Best albums of the year....can't think of many great
ones. Off the top of my head guess I'd have to say:

New York Dolls - One Day It will Please Us to Remember
Even This
Bob Dylan - Modern Times
Raconteurs - Baby Boy Soldiers (is that the name?)
Keith Jarrett - Live at Carnegie Hall
Malcolm Holcombe - Not Forgotten (if you've never
heard of him, this North Carolina acoustic
singer/songwriter is one of the most talented and
charismatic writers and performers -- EVER.  He'll be
at The Knitting Factory March 8 ...check out
www.malcolmholcombe.com)
Sonic Youth - Rather Ripped
James Hunter - People Gonna Talk

Can't think of much else, except lots of old jazz I
keep on pickin up on.