Mlps?????? / RE: (TV) Marquee Moon Reissue II?

Maurice wrote:
> http://www.rhino.com/store/upcoming.lasso  shows this as a vinyl
>issue, so...multiple LPs?

I could be wrong but I don't think multiple LPs are it because the
designation Mlps is also used when describing compact discs.  E.g.:

http://www.amazon.com/Forever-Changes-Dlx-Mlps-Love/dp/B000MTOKXW#moreAboutT
hisProduct

or http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Blue%20(Dlx)%20(Mlps):1922667379

(Dlx) (Mlps) also used to describe a format of the cd of Bowie's album 'Low'

I'm 99% sure (DLX) is just short for Deluxe (edition), but "Mpls" is a tough
nut to crack:

At first I thought (Mlps) was an electrical/music engineering term such as
"Mega Line[?!] Per Second" and that it was just some hybrid engineering
process such as SACDs (Super Audio CD), e.g., the 2002 re-issues of 'Beggars
Banquet' and 'Let It Bleed', but a search of music/engineering acronyms on
the web turned up nothing remotely plausible.

Leo